nmaryw

Unexplained network analyst service area fail

Discussion created by nmaryw on Jun 22, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 26, 2012 by nmaryw
Hi all,

I am making service areas using network analyst as part of a walkability study: 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, and 1-mile polygons of roughly 20,000 addresses, split into 9 different files in both 2000 and 2010 (so 18 sets of buffers). I have managed to complete 17 out of the 18 sets, but one file fails every time at roughly the same point. I'm not sure what to do next to fix this... here are some additional details:

-it's not the file size. my largest files have included more than 6,000 addresses and the one that breaks has only 2600.
-it's not the particular address file. I made network buffers of the same set of addresses using the 2000 road network.
-it's not my model-- it worked for the other 17 sets, and I tried running the buffers "by hand."

I've tried rebuilding the network, but still nothing. My remaining conclusion is that it's the underlying 2010 roads file for this area that was corrupt, which led to a corrupt network, but not sure how to remedy this.

service area details: generalized non-overlapping polygons, trimmed to 100 meters.

Help or ideas will be much appreciated!

Outcomes