rwiseman

Hotlinkimage Python Equivalent

Discussion created by rwiseman on Jun 18, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 22, 2012 by jbarrette-esristaff
Crosspost from ArcObjects forum

Hello,

I work for a city government using ArcGIS. For a long while, we had a lot of success with our engineers using the HotlinkImage script, pre-ArcGIS 10. The script allows the user to click a feature from a polygon dataset with a path to a folder full of referenced .tif images, and add the image associated with that feature into the map as a raster layer. Now that VBA is no longer supported, we have not been able to find a workaround to restore this functionality.

I am wondering if anyone else out there has had the same troubles, but has been able to figure out a solution. It seems like it should be a simple conversion to VB.Net (for someone other than me anyways :D), but I have scoured the forums and sample pages and have only found a few unanswered posts on the subject.

Has ANYONE out there been able to convert/adapt this script, or would anyone mind looking the VBA code over and doing whatever needs to be done to it to make it useable, and then reposting the new code here. This is something we've been trying to get back for almost 2 years now, I'm actually quite surprised to find that it hasn't been done yet.

Here is a link to the ArcScripts page for the original script:
http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=11848

Outcomes