AnsweredAssumed Answered

Garbled grid path during geoprocessing

Question asked by stush on May 25, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 5, 2012 by curtvprice
Hi all -

I developed a python script and toolbox on Arc 10,  where it worked fine.  Exported the toolbox to 9.3 and now I'm trying to run it on 9.3.1 and something is happening that I've never seen before (after writing and running a lot of geoprocessing scripts in 9.2, 9.3 and 10.)  In the script I successfully create a flow accumulation grid, then use it in a SetNull statement.  When SetNull runs, I get this error - the path is totally garbled:

ERROR 010316: Unable to open the input grid: G:GISSCRATCHTMP_RI~2OUTPUTHYDRO_~1LOW_ACC
ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression.
Failed to execute (SetNull).

Yet, if I print out the grid path right before running SetNull, it looks like this, which is correct:
G:\GIS\scratch\tmp_rios_preproc2\Output\Hydro_layers\flow_acc

There's no problem adding the grid to the map, its folder appears correctly in the Properties.  Then if I try to, say, do a math computation on it, that works fine, as does Extract by Mask (just trying things randomly.)  However, if I try the same SetNull command from ArcToolbox, or Con, I get the same error as above.  The same grid is used in SingleOutuptMapAlgebra within the script with no problems.

It doesn't matter if I write everything to a different directory or disk.  I tried restarting the .mxd, tried making a new .mxd, tried making a whole new toolbox using 9.3.1, even tried rebooting the whole darn machine, nothing helps.  Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

~ Stacie

Outcomes