Performance, measuring fps?

05-24-2012 02:47 AM
Labels (1)
AlexanderMagnusson
New Contributor
Hello

I would like to do some performance measurement, one such measurement would be the achieved fps. However I have not identified any obvious way to do this. (Of course I could always try staring at the screen and count the updates, heh).

If anyone has any ideas on how to measure the fps I'd be really happy to hear.:)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexanderMagnusson
New Contributor
I'm not really sure but perhaps a Drawobject could be used somehow? Maybe I've misunderstood what a Draw object is meant to do but it seems it's supposed to enable a user to draw graphics onscreen. In that case I don't think it's usable.
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

You didn't say exactly what aspect of performance you would like to measure but you might be able to use the WPF perforator (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa969767.aspx). Note that the map would be on a different rate to you application window because it's rendered in a background thread to avoid holding up the UI.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
AlexanderMagnusson
New Contributor
Hello Mike

What I would like to measure is the FPS of the Map. The reason is to determine how well it can handle a lot of displayed graphics and whatnot. It would be good then to get a somewhat accurate measurement.
0 Kudos