Quadrant Analysis with point data using ArcGIS 10

05-20-2012 04:53 AM
FatmaŞenol
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

This question may have been posted before but I couldn't find any related solution. Please accept
my apology if my question has been answered before.

As far as I know the quadrant analysis for point data distribution was available in Arcview 3.x
Unfortunately, I can't perform the same analysis in ArcGIS 10 at ArcInfo Level. I can still use Arcview 3x
under Windows 7 using Microsoft  XP Mode but it would be more convenient  to make the same
analysis using ArcGIS10.

Could you please kindly share your solution or suggestion on this issue. Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

- Omur Saygin, Ph.D
0 Kudos
2 Replies
boonejardot
New Contributor
Yeah, There is a tool called fishnet, and another tool under cartography called create Grid I believe.  Create a grid using the proper formula to determine cells size outside of ArcMap.  Then once that proper cell size is determined, create a grid using the proper cell size.  Once this is done.  You can do a Spatial join, Or join by spatial location of the points to the grid cells.  You can then clip the grid to the study area (or do this before).  Hope this helps, let me know if I can be of further assistance. Good Luck
0 Kudos
NobbirAhmed
Esri Regular Contributor
Here is a forum thread - you can take some idea from it. This is similar to what Boone has suggested:

Cutting a grid into a smaller grid and retaining values
0 Kudos