kirk11

10.1 Pre-Release Web Adaptor Install Issue

Discussion created by kirk11 on May 16, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 2, 2013 by patrickrwild
Hello,

I have just installed ArcGIS Server with no issues. I then installed ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS) with no issues. After the install of that I went to the "The ArcGIS Web Adaptor (GUI) configuration page connects your web server to your GIS server".

I put in the basic information as requested. If I sign in as the "GIS Web Server Account" I get te error "Failed to register your Web Adaptor with GIS Server." If I sign in as the "Primary Site Administrator Account" I get the error "Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\arcgisdpd29\WebAdaptor.config' is denied."

I believe that I have successfully granted both of those accounts full permission to "'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\arcgisdpd29".

When I go to this GUI to try and set things up I always have the "Status: There are currently no GIS server machines registered to your Web Adaptor"

also ...

If I login via "ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory" (http://dpd-29:6080/arcgis/admin/login) and naviagte "Home > system > webadaptors > DPD-29 " it looks like I have a registered web adaptor:

Web Adaptor:
Web Adaptor Properties

Name: DPD-29   
Machine name: DPD-29   
Machine IP: 192.168.1.29 
Supported Operations: unregister 
Supported Interfaces: REST 

This install is on MS Server 2008 / IIS and it previously had Server 10 on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kirk

Outcomes