Firefox: Identify and Lens widgets not working

05-07-2010 01:52 AM
sunilm
by
New Contributor
Hi All,

I am using Identify widget and Lens widget present in code gallery. These are working fine in IE but not working in Mozilla Firefox. Can any one help me to sought out this problem. Its a bit urgent

Thanks & Regards,
Sunil
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DerekSwingley
Occasional Contributor
I wrote the lens dijit. It works in both IE and FF. Can you share your code?
0 Kudos
Kathleen_Crombez
Occasional Contributor III
I just implimented the lens dijit in my application. It is working fabulously in IE, FF, Safari, and Chrome. However, it did take me a while to work out all the bugs I created after I made several changes to the template. Please post your code and explain what is the issue is. I might be able to help.
0 Kudos
KenMorefield
Occasional Contributor
I have found that if you update the api references to version 1.6 in the identify dijit that it no longer works in Mozilla Firefox version 3.6.7.

However, if you change the api references back to 1.5 or 1.4, then the identify dijit works both in Firefox and IE.

Ken
0 Kudos
XavierIrias
New Contributor III
I too can't get the API 1.6 or 2.0 to work correctly with Firefox.  Wondering if anyone in the dev group is aware that Firefox doesn't work with the newer API's...
0 Kudos
BlaseHudack
New Contributor
I'm having the same problems with Firefox ver 3.6.13 and ArcServer 10 sp 1. We are using ASP.NET and an "out of the box" web site built in ArcServer Manager. It works fine in IE 8.

The error message I get in Mozilla is: "arcgisIdentifyTool is not defined" - lines 469, 43, and 42.

I'm getting a lot of warnings about errors in parsing the values for most of the elements on the page as well.

I'm surprised to see that this problem has been around for a while. This is a new install for us, we upgraded right before the first of the year.

Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks.

Blase
0 Kudos