Field ordering of IdentifyResult

04-27-2012 06:39 AM
danielconrad
New Contributor
Hi,

I published a service on ArcGIS Server where I specified an order on my layer's fields in my mxd.  When I execute an identify task using the android sdk, I noticed that my identify results do not maintain the ordering of the returned fields and instead return the attributes in what appears to be a HashMap.  I noticed that the json returned by the identify service does have the fields ordered properly for each identify result. 

I was just wondering if this was a known issue that will be fixed in later releases, or if there is another method I am suppose to be using to acquire the ordering of fields for and identify result.

Thanks,
Dan
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertHarris1
New Contributor II
I am having the same issue. I was wondering if there has been any resolution?
0 Kudos
ShaneCarey
New Contributor
Hi Robert/ Daniel,

I have published a Mapserver and I try copy and past the url into the Identify task sample. The layer displays, but when I click on the layer to identify a polygon, the app closes. Have ye any idea why this is?

Many thanks in advance.

Shane
0 Kudos
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III
The Android API honors the JSON response from the service as an ArrayList. What is the return from a REST call on the service?  Try something like this on your service to confirm the return your service provides.
0 Kudos
deleted-user-vpHnfyiCToFz
Occasional Contributor
Has this been or is going to be resolved?  Anyone have a fix for honoring field order in the map service?
0 Kudos