AnsweredAssumed Answered

Extract value to point issues

Question asked by dbirkigt on Apr 12, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2012 by curtvprice
Morning,

I am having trouble with the extract value to point tool. When my code tries to execute the tool, I  am returned the error
"NameError: name ExtractValuesToPoints is not defined"
As this is a python error not, a arcgis error I would assume it is something in my code, but I can not see it.

My inputs are a feature class from a personal geodatabase and a raster dataset from the same PGDB. The output is a shapefile. I have isolated the portion of my program that uses the extract values function (below). I also saw on the help page the tool is not called through arcpy."toolname"

Thanks
David

import arcpy, os, gc from arcpy import env  #The ingut personal geodatabase env.workspace =r"C:\Users\david\Documents\ValidateChristina\Christina.mdb" #An output folder outLocation= r"C:\Users\david\Documents\ValidateChristina\OutLocation"  arcpy.env.overwriteOutput=True  #Loop through the feature datasets in the pgdb for dataset in arcpy.ListDatasets():      #List the point files found in the current dataset     ptList = arcpy.ListFeatureClasses("*","POINT",dataset)      #list the rasters found in the pgdb     rasterList= arcpy.ListRasters()     print rasterList      #loop through each poinf feature class in the list     for pointFC in ptList:          #Extract raster values that correspond with the listed point file         for raster in rasterList:             #perform the extract             ExtractValuesToPoints(pointFC,raster,outLocation+os.sep+"IntermValue.shp")  print "Done"

Outcomes