IE7-compatible Heatmap for JSAPI?

04-11-2012 11:14 AM
philippenn
Occasional Contributor
I've seen great HTML5 (Canvas)-based heatmap capabilities on this forum but am looking for something that works with IE7...has anyone got anything to share?

thanks

Phil
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RaviKonaparthi
New Contributor II
Hi Phil,

Here is a sample implementation of HEAT maps using google maps. This API works with ArcGIS JS API too.

http://geochalkboard.wordpress.com/2009/03/11/density-mapping-in-google-maps-with-heatmapapi/

Regards,
Ravi.
0 Kudos
LabanNdungo
New Contributor
Just wondering if anyone EVER found a way to get heatmap.js working on IE8 and below. Doing a project for a client and she insists that IE8 should be supported but I cannot for the life of me find a working sample of heatmap.js on anything other than IE9. My implementation works great on IE9 but is unable to run on IE8. Any one with ideas on how to make it work? I'd appreciate it greatly.
0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor
I'm COMPLETELY throwing this out as wild advice but you could look into this HTML5 Canvas for Internet Explorer and see if it helps make the heatmap apps work?

I stumbled across this while trying to get charting working for IE-8 (the canvas is an issue for this as well). I never pursued what I have linked but maybe it can work for you...

Good luck!
Steve
0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III
If you are stuck on IE7 (bad luck) and can install IE plugins then rather than the one above (which looks interesting) why no go the whole way and use Google Chrome Frame which will give you the Chrome experiance, but within an IE container - which will remain IE for the majority of sites.  I'm about to deploy this internally until we can get of XP/IE8
0 Kudos
MattLane
Occasional Contributor II
Mark Pilgrim, in his great work "Dive Into HTML5" suggests using excanvas.js for IE support.

Not sure if that would fit the bill.
0 Kudos
LabanNdungo
New Contributor
Dear Matt, evtguy and amarsden,

Thanks a lot for your advice. I have actually been looking at excanvas.js for the past two days and trying to make it work. However, still hitting a brick wall. Have modified the excanvas.js script a bit but IE8 is still not able to recognize the canvas element. Anyone with experience on this? Wondering if Phillip Penn managed to get something - I saw on github that he was contributing to the heatmap.js repository.
0 Kudos