Topo to raster error!

Jump to solution
04-09-2012 03:15 AM
UrosDjuric
New Contributor II
Can someone help me please,

I am trying to use Topo to raster tool on polyline shapefile, but i am always getting this annoying two errors:

ERROR 010235: Returned error from Topo_To_Raster.
ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression.
Failed to execute (TopoToRaster).

I cannot find why is that happenig!
Database is in available on download link, CONTOUR height field is called "Visina"
Thanks in advance ...

I am using ArcGIS v 10...

Download
http://www.2shared.com/file/CYVxEDBx/Bgd.html
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TarunJaiswal
Esri Contributor
Greetings!

I see that you are using personal geodatabase for storing your contour file. Are you also storing your output raster in the same geodatabase? If yes, there is a possibility that you might be running out of space (depending upon the cell size of output raster) as a personal geodatabase has a size limit of 2 GB.

I would suggest you to use file geodatabase as also mentioned in the following web help documentation.

Types of geodatabases

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TarunJaiswal
Esri Contributor
Greetings!

I see that you are using personal geodatabase for storing your contour file. Are you also storing your output raster in the same geodatabase? If yes, there is a possibility that you might be running out of space (depending upon the cell size of output raster) as a personal geodatabase has a size limit of 2 GB.

I would suggest you to use file geodatabase as also mentioned in the following web help documentation.

Types of geodatabases

Hope this helps.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
UrosDjuric
New Contributor II
Greetings!

Types of geodatabases

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Oh yes ... I totally forgot on presonal GDB limit in size .... silly me! 😄
When I imported shapefile in file geodatabase, i solved my problem ...

But, initally I have tried to do topo to raster on single shapefile (out of gdb) and I got same error? Any reason why that?

Many many many times thank you!
0 Kudos