ArcGIS for IOS v2.2 Installation Failed

Jump to solution
04-03-2012 03:22 PM
ClintCabanero
Occasional Contributor
Hello all,

I have tried to install the ArcGIS for IOS SDK (version 2.2 released yesterday) and am receiving the following error:

Title: There were errors with the installation.  You may want to try installing again.
Message Body: The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail.  Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Has anyone run into a similar problem in their iOS development environment and have any recommendations?

Troubleshooting I have performed:
1. As suggested above, I have tried re-installing multiple times.  Each time, cleaning up before re-installing by running ${HOME}/Library/Application Suport/AGSiOSSDK/uninstallAGSiOSSDK
2. I have tried downloading version 2.2 multiple times in case I had a 'corrupt download'.  This is not the problem either as I continue to receive the same error.
3. After each attempt, I would confirm that there was no successful install (besides the error message) by seeing that there was no folder created called ${HOME}/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS

My iOS dev environment (outside of using the the ArcGIS for iOS SDK) has been running fine with no problems for the last year or so - as I can use all of my iOS dev tools fine, deploy to my test devices fine, etc.

Any other troubleshooting tips you can share would be appreciated!

Thanks!!!
Clint
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Resolved!

The install package was not able to create 'Templates' and 'Project Templates' folder due to permission issue at ${HOME}/Library/Developer/Xcode. It worked after creating those folders manually and making sure that they have read/write permission.

Thanks Clint for reporting!

Regards,
Nimesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Resolved!

The install package was not able to create 'Templates' and 'Project Templates' folder due to permission issue at ${HOME}/Library/Developer/Xcode. It worked after creating those folders manually and making sure that they have read/write permission.

Thanks Clint for reporting!

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
niuruigang
New Contributor
thanks  it's very helpful for me!
0 Kudos