awidener

AGS Server 9.3.1 does not recognize Image Server, cannot publish ISDef file to server

Discussion created by awidener on May 3, 2010
Latest reply on May 4, 2010 by fabiop
I have ArcGIS server version 9.3.1 sp1 and Image Server 9.3.1 sp1 installed on a Server 2008 platform. It is a single platform install. No other machine in our network is a SOC or a service provider. It is a 64 bit system with all the imagery residing on a 5Tb SAN attached to the server. When I try to publish a simple image service, I get this old friendly message:

Service was published but cannot be started due to: Server object instance creation failed on all SOC machines.
Server Object instance creation failed on machine <machine name>.

I have permissions to the directories on the SAN set so the SOC can read and the output directories as well. This has to be a configuration issue within image server, or something to do with the SAN. I was able to register Image Server with AGS server though. So at least I have that much. Has anyone experienced anything like this? One more thing, the service editor is my machine, it is the only component of the system on a seperate machine.

Outcomes