AGS Server 9.3.1 does not recognize Image Server, cannot publish ISDef file to server

05-03-2010 11:40 AM
andrewwidener
New Contributor
I have ArcGIS server version 9.3.1 sp1 and Image Server 9.3.1 sp1 installed on a Server 2008 platform. It is a single platform install. No other machine in our network is a SOC or a service provider. It is a 64 bit system with all the imagery residing on a 5Tb SAN attached to the server. When I try to publish a simple image service, I get this old friendly message:

Service was published but cannot be started due to: Server object instance creation failed on all SOC machines.
Server Object instance creation failed on machine <machine name>.

I have permissions to the directories on the SAN set so the SOC can read and the output directories as well. This has to be a configuration issue within image server, or something to do with the SAN. I was able to register Image Server with AGS server though. So at least I have that much. Has anyone experienced anything like this? One more thing, the service editor is my machine, it is the only component of the system on a seperate machine.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
FabioPetaccia
New Contributor II
I have ArcGIS server version 9.3.1 sp1 and Image Server 9.3.1 sp1 installed on a Server 2008 platform. It is a single platform install. No other machine in our network is a SOC or a service provider. It is a 64 bit system with all the imagery residing on a 5Tb SAN attached to the server. When I try to publish a simple image service, I get this old friendly message:

Service was published but cannot be started due to: Server object instance creation failed on all SOC machines.
Server Object instance creation failed on machine <machine name>.

I have permissions to the directories on the SAN set so the SOC can read and the output directories as well. This has to be a configuration issue within image server, or something to do with the SAN. I was able to register Image Server with AGS server though. So at least I have that much. Has anyone experienced anything like this? One more thing, the service editor is my machine, it is the only component of the system on a seperate machine.

Here it corret place 🙂

My experience is on Server 2003 and I have the same problem randomly. Possible solution are:

Do you try to publish with ArcCatalog or ArcGIS Server Manager? Try in both way

Are u sure that Image Server will start in Image Server Manager(is reachable from Start->Programs->ArcGIS->Image Server->Server Manager)? Try to restar server

Fabio
0 Kudos