Tool Cost Distance - Error 010005 and 010067

03-29-2012 11:49 AM
MatthiasWoerner
New Contributor III
Dear all,

I use ArcGIS 10.0 and faced this problem when executing the tool Cost Distance: I get back the Error 010005 and 010067.

Already posted comments on Error 010005 suggest that there is not enough RAM available. I don't consider this to be the problem on my computer. As well the used datasets are rather small. I tried running the tool with ArcCatalog closed and as well all other software closed except for ArcMap - but with the same error message.

Did anybody face the same problem or has a good idea how to solve this?

Many thanks in advance,
Matt
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TarunJaiswal
Esri Contributor
Greetings!

Please try setting a scratch workspace and run the tool. Also, you may want to clean temp directory and to consider repathing it closer to root such as c:\temp.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
MatthiasWoerner
New Contributor III
Greetings!

Please try setting a scratch workspace and run the tool. Also, you may want to clean temp directory and to consider repathing it closer to root such as c:\temp.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Dear Tarun,

Thanks for your suggestions. I moved the geodatabase to a path close to directory c:\temp and ran the tool with an adequate scratch workspace. But with the same result. In fact my directory c:\temp is almost empty so this should not be the problem.

Still thankful for any suggestions,
Matt
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
try running it with an ESRI grid in a folder and not a geodatabase
0 Kudos
MatthiasWoerner
New Contributor III
Dear Tarun and Dan,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I followed these and some other ideas in order to solve the problem. In the end it was a little stupid mistake I made. I didn't enter the Extent values in the Geoprocessing Environments. After catching up this the tool ran without objection.

Thanks anyway,
Matt
0 Kudos