spiskulaesriuk-esridist

Model Builder not referencing .net gp tool after deploying model to other directory

Discussion created by spiskulaesriuk-esridist Employee on Mar 28, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 23, 2012 by curtvprice
Hi,

I wrote a custom .net tool that is used by a model. As long as i run the model from the directory/toolbox where it was created all is fine. But if i move the toolbox to other location, the model breaks and is not able to reference my custom gp tool. Yet it has no problems with OOB Buffer tool... So when i move my model i need to edit it and point again the location of the tool. That happens even if the tool and model are stored in the same toolbox. Embedding this into a FGDB does not help - if FGDB is moved the model has problems with referencing the tool.

I do have 'Store relative paths' checked for the model but i have an impression that this only applies to data referenced in the model, not to tools. Any advice how to reference my custom tool so that i could avoid this problem?

Also i am having problem with other custom .net gp tool - i don't know how to properly return GPMultiValue output parameter to use it as argument for other gp tools (link to post)
Thanks,
Szymon

Outcomes