AnsweredAssumed Answered

GETTING STARTED

Question asked by heniec on Mar 24, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 24, 2012 by heniec
Hi,

I'm newbe in android development, and I've basic problems with getting ArcGIS Runtime SDK fo Android work.
My environment: Windows 7 x64, Java SDK 1.6, Eclipse 3.6.2 Helios,  Android SDK (API for 2.3.3) & ADT 1.7, latest ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android and Samsung Galaxy SII with Android 2.3.3.
Everything is installed and configured according to Esri and Android SDK instructions.

Problems are:
- I'm unable to create correct new arcgis android project: after finishing project wizard I get error about missing proquard.cfg file (with path to android sdk); project is created without referenced libraries and project.properties; from the other hand, I'm able to create ordinary android project and succesfully convert it to arcgis android project
- I'm unable to run any project created from ArcGIS Samples for Android. On my device I get message about unsuspected application stopping; as I find out, application crashes while trying to add new layer to map and error in logs is: UNABLE TO FIND CLASS REFERENCED IN SIGNATURE (lORG/CODEHAUS/JACKSON/JSONPARSER;) so I suspect I'm missing any library or have incorrect version.

Any suggestions, please

Regards
Marcin N.

Outcomes