raster calculator issues!!

03-21-2012 08:20 PM
StephanieHooper
New Contributor
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raster Calculator issues
I have tried every suggestion I've come across to use Raster Calculator to fill my 'NoData' holes in mosaic-ed Raster DEM.

I'm using ArcMap 10 and the equation I've been told to use is:

Filled_DEM = Con(isnull(["mosaic"]),FocalMean(["mosaic"], rectangle,4,4),["mosaic"])

ive tried changing around the capitalization, spacing, and even read somewhere that in ArcMap 10 focal stats. no longer works so I used :

Filled_DEM = Con(IsNull(["mosaic"]),FocalStatistics(["mosaic"], NbrRectangle(3,3),"MEAN"),["mosaic"])

and STILL nothing. can someone please help me - I've sat for hours trying to figure this out and I feel as though I've run out of options!!! Thanks!!!

Stephanie
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi Stephanie

I just move this thread to the correct place (I hope). You posted it in the CityEngine Python section.

Hope you get help here .. ! Good luck !

matt
0 Kudos
JeffreyEvans
Occasional Contributor III
Stephanie,
In ArcGIS 10 the syntax you are using is no longer valid. You can no longer assign results to a new raster with "=" and you no longer need brackets "[]" around your raster names.

Try this:
Con(IsNull("mosaic"), FocalStatistics("mosaic", NbrRectangle(3, 3, "CELL"), "MEAN"), "mosaic")

You will need to define your output raster in the dialog at the bottom of the raster calculator.
0 Kudos