routing with more than 1 barrier/restriction

03-16-2012 08:27 AM
ChrisBerryman1
New Contributor II
I am trying to build a network of sidewalks and route handicap people around stairs and hills.  The only thing is, I have my network working for routing around stairs, but when I try to add hills and put in restrictions for hills it doesn't work.  I have stairs as override and listed as restriction in the evaluator tab, and the same for hills.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelRice
New Contributor III
...when I try to add hills and put in restrictions for hills it doesn't work.

I assume you mean that, after adding these restrictions, the routing solutions still traverse edges that are supposed to be restricted. Is this correct? If not, can you please clarify what you mean by "it doesn't work".

If my assumption above is correct, then did you rebuild your network dataset after adding the new restriction(s)? For most restrictions, you must rebuild the network dataset after adding them for them to take effect (only certain restrictions, such as those with dynamic VBScript evaluators do not require a rebuild).

If you have rebuilt your dataset, did you make sure to turn on the new restriction(s) in your analysis layer?
0 Kudos
ChrisBerryman1
New Contributor II
Correct, after I rebuild the network after adding the restrictions and making sure they are turned on, when the network is "solved" it still goes through the set restrictions.
0 Kudos
MichaelRice
New Contributor III
Have you looked at the restriction attribute value being returned by those newly-added edges? You can do this using the Network Identify tool to click on those edges and see their attribute values. Check to make sure that those edges that are supposed to be restricted by your new restriction attribute are 'Prohibited' (indicated by a return value of true from the evaluator), and not 'Traversable' (indicated by a return value of false from the evaluator). Let me know what you find, and we can go from there.
0 Kudos