AnsweredAssumed Answered

DockableWindow Depolyment Problem

Question asked by billm889 on Mar 12, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 12, 2012 by ramz1029
I'm having a problem deploying my project with a DockableWindow. On the target machine the dockable window Id returns NULL. All works fine on the development machine.

I think it is a registration problem on the target machine but, I'm not clear how or why I to register the DockableWindow. If it is a registration issue, please tell me how to register this window.

Code from the form that implements the dockable window
#Region "COM GUIDs"     ' These  GUIDs provide the COM identity for this class      ' and its COM interfaces. If you change them, existing      ' clients will no longer be able to access the class.     Public Const ClassId As String = "8582b32d-120c-407b-af34-8719b8960b30"     Public Const InterfaceId As String = "fec13c95-bd53-44cd-b8ef-f7d83f33fbb2"     Public Const EventsId As String = "1e9d36cc-df74-40c4-a8a7-461a0f75b13d" #End Region

Code from class module that creates a tool button which displays a form containing the DockableWindow.
            If m_dockableWindow Is Nothing Then                 Dim dockWindowManager As IDockableWindowManager                 dockWindowManager = CType(m_pApp, IDockableWindowManager)                 If Not dockWindowManager Is Nothing Then                     Dim windowID As UID = New UIDClass                     windowID.Value = "{8582b32d-120c-407b-af34-8719b8960b30}"                     m_dockableWindow = dockWindowManager.GetDockableWindow(windowID)                 End If             End If

I have added the following to the project file.
   <Target Name="BeforeClean">     <Exec WorkingDirectory="$(CommonProgramFiles)\ArcGIS\bin" Command="esriRegasm.exe &quot;$(TargetPath)&quot; /p:Desktop /u /s" Condition="Exists('$(TargetPath)')" />   </Target>   <Target Name="AfterBuild">     <Exec WorkingDirectory="$(CommonProgramFiles)\ArcGIS\bin" Command="esriRegasm.exe &quot;$(TargetPath)&quot; /p:Desktop /s" />   </Target>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Outcomes