ali7789v4

Creating a buffer radius search for a geoprocess

Discussion created by ali7789v4 on Mar 6, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2012 by ali7789v4
Hi

I've created buffer searches with vectors etc before, following the ESRI example here:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/demos/query/query_buffer.html

However, what I now want to do, is something similar (i.e. click with a distance, draw a graphic on map) but then have a geoprocess to the work (I'm using a raster layer underneath so no vectors).

So I think I need to create a geoprocess with two inputs, the click-point and the distance, however I have absolutely no idea how to create this. There are no examples online that I can find that do this! There is one that feeds the result of a query into a GP, but that's very different to what I am looking to achieve.

The problem for me is that the buffer radius search example above is so closely linked to the QueryTask, but I dont think what I want to do would use the QueryTask.

Feeding the point and distance to a gp is probably fairly straightforward, but how can I draw a graphic on screen based on the click point and distance (from a text box)???

Really not sure how to acheive this so grateful for your thoughts and any help you can give!
Thanks

Outcomes