VRP tutorial question

03-04-2012 06:45 PM
AnarJofaryv
New Contributor
Hi,

I have a question regarding the Network Analyst Tutorial (I am just a beginner, student learning ArcGIS at university, so please bear that in mind). When doing Exercise 7, I am getting stuck at steps 8.

7. Click Customize > Toolbars > Network Analyst. The Network Analyst toolbar is added to ArcMap. If the Network Analyst window is not displayed, you need to add it.
8.On the Network Analyst toolbar, click the Show/Hide Network Analyst Window button . The dockable Network Analyst window opens.
You can dock or undock the Network Analyst window. In this exercise, it is docked below the Table Of Contents window.

I can not see the dockable Network Analyst window on my computer. And all of the buttons in the Network Analyst toolbar are greyed out including the Show/Hide Network Analyst button. The only exception of the the drop down button with New Route, New Service Area, New Closest Facility, ... . The question is how can see the dockable Network Analyst window so that I can move on to the next step to load the orders? I hope the question is not confusing. I have tried to use the help function and it did not help. Thank you very much.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
NaAn
by
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

It looks like you didn't enable the network analyst extension. Please make sure to go through step 6:

[INDENT]6.Enable the Network Analyst extension.
[INDENT]a.Click Customize > Extensions.
[INDENT][/INDENT]The Extensions dialog box opens.[/INDENT]
[INDENT]b.Check Network Analyst.
c.Click Close. [/INDENT][/INDENT]

Thanks.

Anna
0 Kudos