DrColgate

Export Raster Using ArcObjects

Discussion created by DrColgate on Feb 23, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 5, 2015 by kabike
I am trying to use IRasterLayerExport3 to export a non-standard raster, pixel width 17x13, to a standard format, 13x13 via ArcObjects.  The problem is that every attempt I make brings the data down to a value in the range 0-255 as opposed to the floating point numbers contained in the original data.

It appears that the Raster Renderer is being forced though it is unselected by default when using Data-->Export in ArcGIS --> Use Renderer.

The Developer Help page states "If you don�??t want to use the raster renderer to filter the pixel values during the export, remove the raster renderer from the raster layer before passing it to the RasterLayerExport object."

http://resources.esri.com/help/9.3/arcgisengine/ArcObjects/esriCarto/IRasterLayerExport_RasterLayer.htm

However it is not explained how this could be achieved.  The simples solution as I see it using the command 'rasterLayer.setRendererByRefto(null);' crashes the program with an Invalid Pointer Automation Exception.

I am using ArcGIS 10 however I could only find reference to the renderer info in the 9.3 version so that is why I have chosen that link.

Outcomes