Navigation and offline caching from ESRI shape file

02-17-2012 12:07 AM
AdarshMadhavan
Occasional Contributor
Hi all,

This is what my requirement .

1- Have and ESRI shape file, need to view the map in a 3G device working on android platform.

2- Navigation facility should be there

3- Offline caching , ie in no coverage area,navigation etc should work.

I understand that we need to upload the shape file in arcgisonline.com or arcGIS server and use android sdk, but whether navigation and offline caching would work ? can any one lead me to more specific help ?

Regards,

Adarsh
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JozefKaslikowski
New Contributor
This could work but you would have to write the navigation stuff yourself and custom map caching.
0 Kudos
LukeCatania
New Contributor III
For offline you simply need to cache the data using Server Tools in the desktop, copy them to the device and then look at the LocalTiledLayer Sample which uses ArcGISLocalTiledLayer Class to view them.  I assume you mean Navigation Functionality.  Not sure what Navigation Facility is.  So do you mean panning and zooming in the map or actual road navigation?  That is available through listeners.  There is no network analyst built-in functionality in the API at this point.  The only shape file functionality I see is geometryFromEsriShape and geometryToEsriShape.  I am looking to store geometries on the device somehow and read them back in and am looking at these functions.
0 Kudos