View Geoprocessing Result table in DataGrid

02-14-2012 08:57 AM
ErikMartin
Occasional Contributor
I am working on developing a map with a geoprocessing service.  I have put something together using the Flex Viewer, but have hit a wall.  My GP service returns a point layer.  The user can click on an individual result and view the attributes of that point.  This all works great.  I would like the user to be able to select all or a a subset of the points, though, and view/interact with the attributes in a DataGrid, like ArcMap desktop.  There are no existing Flex widgets that can accommodate this functionality.  I have not done any Flex programming previously (a little JavaScript, no Silverlight).  If I am going to create a custom tool to perform this functionality, my inclination is to do it in JS where I have at least some experience and where inter-platform compatibility issues aren't as severe.  So my question is: can this be done.  I'm guessing it would involve the building a URL that includes the JobID (obtained from getResultData) and using that URL in the FindTask.  Before I start down this road, however, I wanted to ask if anyone has any advice or suggestions.  And specifically to confirm that URL built from a GP result (e.g. myserver.com/server/rest/services/project/project_GP_anon/GPServer/GP_tool/jobs/%JOBID%/results/Result -- which is not a MapService per se) can be used as an input to FindTask and thereby create a DataGrid.

Thanks in advance for any help,
-Erik
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DarylMasten
New Contributor III
Hello Eric,

Did you ever get this figured out?  I have a JavaScript programmer that is new to the ESRI API and he is struggling to get a DataGrid to show from a geoprocessing service result.  Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos