import _server_admin

Jump to solution
02-02-2012 03:17 PM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
So, are there dependencies between _server_admin and arcpy or arcgisscripting?  I want to copy this home and remotely play with connecting to Esri ArcGIS Online services, and try it with other FOSS products.  Thanks Jason S for this, btw.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JasonScheirer
Occasional Contributor III
No, the module is totally stand-alone. The only interop with arcpy is that the _server_admin geometry objects interact with arcpy geometry objects with the GeoJson __geo_interface__ magic attribute.

>>> arcpy.AsShape(_server_admin.geometry.Point(5, 5).__geo_interface__) <PointGeometry object at 0x24c7790[0xe0a6da0]>  >>> _server_admin.geometry.fromGeoJson(arcpy.PointGeometry(arcpy.Point(5, 5) ).__geo_interface__) POINT(5.00000 5.00000)

Technically for the time being _server_admin is an undocumented, internal-use only type project for implementing some command line administrative utilities. But I'm glad you like it, it was a lot of fun to write.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JasonScheirer
Occasional Contributor III
No, the module is totally stand-alone. The only interop with arcpy is that the _server_admin geometry objects interact with arcpy geometry objects with the GeoJson __geo_interface__ magic attribute.

>>> arcpy.AsShape(_server_admin.geometry.Point(5, 5).__geo_interface__) <PointGeometry object at 0x24c7790[0xe0a6da0]>  >>> _server_admin.geometry.fromGeoJson(arcpy.PointGeometry(arcpy.Point(5, 5) ).__geo_interface__) POINT(5.00000 5.00000)

Technically for the time being _server_admin is an undocumented, internal-use only type project for implementing some command line administrative utilities. But I'm glad you like it, it was a lot of fun to write.
0 Kudos
HenrikLarsson
New Contributor

Jason, you have not revisited your standpoint on the documentation of this module? It would be a really useful feature when starting and stopping services.

0 Kudos