ZConlen@bellevuewa.gov_cobgis

Problems with route events

Discussion created by ZConlen@bellevuewa.gov_cobgis on Jan 24, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 23, 2018 by bwscim
Hi,
I'm having some problems with event data created via linear referencing.
Problem: features (points) are dropped when converting from events to feature class. The event data has an error field, and most of the features have a value of "NO ERROR", but after converting to FC, the same features that draw in the event layer, dont draw and they have a value of "ROUTE NOT FOUND". I ran the "Check Geometry" gp tool on the event data and it shows that these records that drop out have a "NULL GEOMETRY" error. So, the question then is what is wrong with the geometry. Is it something with the route layer they were referenced to? Can't find any problem with that layer. Problem with the tabular event data used to create the layer? No, looks fine. This is a dataset of about 14,000 records.

Another strange thing is that these same features that can't be converted to a feature class, dont draw at certain scales. They only draw when zoomed in on the map at like 1:1000 or so, but then sometimes they do draw at full extent. This behaviour is inconsistent.

I have tried various ways of converting or exporting, but nothing has worked. I have tried the "Repair Geometry" gp tool on the line FC from which the routes are created. I have create a new spatial index on the routes layer. I'm baffled. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zorba

Outcomes