AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help! can't edit featureservice

Question asked by DCSlatunn on Jan 19, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2012 by DCSlatunn
Hi,
I have been trying to get help from a thread posted by another user (listed at bottom of this post), but it seems as if no one is watching it anymore.  I want to use a featureservice to make edits.  I have created the featureservice and can delete from the services directory.  When I use the services directory, the url is: "myservice/ArcGIS/rest/services/folder/myfeatserv/FeatureServer/0/deleteFeatures"

The parameters sent are: objectIds=6&where=&geometry=&geometryType=esriGeometryEnvelope&inSR=&spatialRel=esriSpatialRelIntersects&f=html"

This effectively deletes objectId 6.

However, if I use the same url: window.open("myservice/ArcGIS/rest/services/folder/myfeatserv/FeatureServer/0/deleteFeatures?objectIds=6&where=&geometry=&geometryType=esriGeometryEnvelope&inSR=&spatialRel=esriSpatialRelIntersects&f=html");

I get an "unable to delete features" error.

I CAN query the featureservice (utilizing json and getting features back in my response).

I have set modify permissions on arcgiswebservices and arcgissoc for every folder and database I can think of (and set privileges).  I registered the featureclass as versioned.  I have impersonation=false.  There is a separate apppool for arcgiswebservices.   I think I have it set up correctly...if I didn't would I be able to delete a feature from the services directory??

The only thing I can think of is that we have our gis on one web server, and access it through another.  So, the web address for our website is mywebserver2, and the post goes to our gis server at mywebserver.  We therefore have an "Internet Guest Account" set up.  Not sure what really needs to be done with this, if anything??  I have tried to grant the user "agsadmin" rights--just to test--to no avail.  Everything else on the website seems to work, so I can't imagine that this is the issue.  Thought I would throw it out there, though.

Anyone have any ideas why this would work in the services directory but not through REST?  Suggestions on the best way to make the call besides "window.open"?  (I was trying to find the most straight-forward way to do it).

Please help!!

If you need it, here is the link to the post I was trying to get answers from:  http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/45794-Unable-to-apply-edits?p=164742#post164742

Outcomes