ArcGIS Rest service occasionally  fails

01-14-2012 08:13 AM
SumanChatterjee
New Contributor
Hi,
We have a flex application using arcgis server api 9.3.1. It has very basic functionalities. But problem is occasionally the service fails. Say , I was viewing the application using one dynamic map service with 4 feature layers. Initially the layer loaded correctly. But when I zoomed on one feature say, Park the service fails and the parks feature layer in that service fails to load although other layers in that service loaded correctly.
I checked the rest end point after that. The park feature layer failed to show even in the javascript API.

This is a problem we are facing for quite a few days. If anybody has an idea of how to solve the issue it will be of great help.
Thanks
Suman
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
Did you enable and look at the ArcGIS Server Manager and REST log files?
0 Kudos
SumanChatterjee
New Contributor
Yes, I am listing some of the errors that we are getting

1) ERROR INFO = Unable to instantiate class for xml schema type: MapDescription

2 )Method failed.HRESULT = 0x80043068 : This is a FACILITY_ITF error that is specific to the interface that returned this error. See the documentation of the interface that returned this error for information about this HRESULT.

3)Unable to instantiate class for xml schema type: LayerDescription

4)Container process 7352 has crashed on machine memdmzgisapp1.

5)Server Context creation failed on machine memdmzgisapp1

Once we restart the services the application again starts working. So I think there is some code in the application side which is failing the service. But just could not detect.
Thanks for asking
Suman
0 Kudos