mgerzon

best path on mobile device

Discussion created by mgerzon on Jan 6, 2012
Hello,
    I would like to develop a software with the following features:
1. I have a mobile device and an ArcGIS server.
2. Maps can be uploaded in advance from the main server to the mobile device.
3. Then I need to find the best path from one point on a road map to another on the mobile device while it is DISCONNECTED from the main server.

We need the device to be disconnected, because when you go to fieldwork there is obviously no connection to the server.

It is possible to create a map of road nodes in Network Analyst and then upload it to the mobile device. However, I can't figure out how to run the best path analysis on the mobile device without connecting to the main server.

Another option to calculate the best path is to use the ArcLogistics Navigator on the mobile device. However, I can't figure out how to use/set_up the navigator without all the ArcLogistics staff that comes with it. I don't need the logistics. I need only the best path calculation. I can't figure out if it is possible to buy a license for just the navigator without the ArcLogistics. I guess it was not built to work separately.

I find it strange that ESRI never dealt with the problem of best path on mobile devices that are disconnected from the server.
Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Michael.

Outcomes