hylndr

Trying to automate the Task Assistant Manager (TAM)

Discussion created by hylndr on Jan 6, 2012
Howdy All,
Here's one that way out there! :-)... Our organization has recently started to look at using the Task Assistant Manager (TAM), which is part of the "Production Mapping" extension, to help out some of our users (primarily the "Editors") with their day to day tasks. We have setup four or five different editing task workflows, depending on how the user is logged in as... We would like to be able to, after the user/editor logs in, load up the appropriate workflow... So, what I've found after a bit of research and a little teaser mention of a previously unknown set of API's... is this... On ESRI's "Task Assistant Manager FAQs" page:http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//005t00000053000000.htm there is mention of implementing "ESRI.Apf.Apps.TaskAssistantSDK.ArcMap.ICommandParams"... Looking at the first part of it, youâ??ll notice: "ESRI.Apf.Apps.TaskAssistantSDK"... after digging through that SDK, I've found what looks to be promising "TaskAssistant" class which has all sorts of useful methods, such as "OpenWorkflow"... Sounds too good to be true!!! So anyways, I know that this SDK is most likely outside of normal ArcObjects domain, I was hoping that someone has ventured out here and knows some things about it... Namely, how does one access ArcMap's TaskAssistant Object??? I would love to create a little ArcMap Add-In that has the user login to the system and have it then populates the TAM with the correct workflow... If I could get access to ArcMap's TaskAssistant object, I think I should be able to come up with a solution that solves our needs...

Please, if anyone knows anything about this SDK, give me some clues/hints as to how to go about my task.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Orcutt
GIS Developer/Consultant
City of Cincinnati â?? Cincinnati Area GIS (CAGIS)
Kevin.Orcutt@cincinnati-oh.gov
(513) 850-1335 (cell)
www.cagis.org

Outcomes