ArcGIS Diagrammer Announcements

04-22-2010 09:23 AM
KatsuraIizuka
New Contributor
Please note that...

1. This is the place to post your ArcGIS Diagrammer questions!

2. Any comments and ideas about diagramming tools can be posted here.

3. New version of ArcGIS Diagrammer with ArcGIS 10 release will be posted here.
0 Kudos
34 Replies
MarcinLatos
New Contributor
Hello,

With new version I would like to have:
- possibility to add text to the diagramm (labels)
- some graphics to illustrate relationships (a line connecting an origin table and a destination table ?)

Many thanks
Marcin
0 Kudos
KhaledHussein
New Contributor
kmatsuda;9586 wrote:
Please note that...

is the new version available yet?
0 Kudos
RichieCarmichael
Esri Contributor
ArcGIS Diagrammer is now available for ArcGIS 10.  The most significant addition to this release is support for Terrain datasets.
Download
0 Kudos
SeanGrant
Occasional Contributor
Other than Terrains like you mentioned, is there a list of other enhancement/fixes that were made for the 10 release?

-Sean
0 Kudos
SusanMoore
New Contributor III
I haven't been able to successfully work with a network dataset in the AGS Diagrammer. Every time I attempt to import the XML which I exported from the Diagrammer, I receive an error stating the �??Import XML failed. Unable to instantiate class for xml scheme type: TurnFeatureSources.�?� Is a network dataset not supported, or is there something that perhaps I am doing wrong?
0 Kudos
SusanMoore
New Contributor III
Ok, I've since learned that the network dataset is not supported. If you'd like to see this support added (and make the Diagrammer part of Core), please add your vote to the request I posted here: http://ideas.arcgis.com/ideaView?id=087300000008DvaAAE.

I haven't been able to successfully work with a network dataset in the AGS Diagrammer. Every time I attempt to import the XML which I exported from the Diagrammer, I receive an error stating the �??Import XML failed. Unable to instantiate class for xml scheme type: TurnFeatureSources.�?� Is a network dataset not supported, or is there something that perhaps I am doing wrong?
0 Kudos
XavierDavis
New Contributor
I am using ArcGIS Diagrammer and created a file called World Data Model.xml (I am currently working on the example on pages 32-35 of the ESRI ArcGIS Diagrammer User Guide - dated December 10, 2007.)

In ArcCatalog, I have performed the following:

1. Created a new file geodatabase.
2. Import the XML Workspace Document file called "World Data Model.xml and import Schema Only.

After doing the above steps, I received the following error, "Import XML data failed FDO error:2147186428 [XML parse error: Unrecognized input signature. [Line: 1, Clim:2].]"

In Diagrammer, it only gives me the option to save my file as a World Data Model.diagram file, not as a World Data Model. xml file. In order to rename this file as an .xml file, I had to manually name the file as a World Data Model. xml file in order for the file to be imported as an XML Workspace Document.

By doing this, I have been unsuccessful due to renaming the file as World Data Model. xml file within Diagrammer program in which it only allows me to save it as a .diagram file only.

Please help.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
XavierDavis
New Contributor
I was able to resolve my issue by click on the Publish icon in ArcDiagrammer and it gave me the ability to save my file as a Water Data Model.xml file. Later, I was able to create a new geodatabase and import the Water Data Model.xml file as a XML Workspace Document. The import process was completed successfully.

I am using ArcGIS Diagrammer and created a file called World Data Model.xml (I am currently working on the example on pages 32-35 of the ESRI ArcGIS Diagrammer User Guide - dated December 10, 2007.)

In ArcCatalog, I have performed the following:

1. Created a new file geodatabase.
2. Import the XML Workspace Document file called "World Data Model.xml and import Schema Only.

After doing the above steps, I received the following error, "Import XML data failed FDO error:2147186428 [XML parse error: Unrecognized input signature. [Line: 1, Clim:2].]"

In Diagrammer, it only gives me the option to save my file as a World Data Model.diagram file, not as a World Data Model. xml file. In order to rename this file as an .xml file, I had to manually name the file as a World Data Model. xml file in order for the file to be imported as an XML Workspace Document.

By doing this, I have been unsuccessful due to renaming the file as World Data Model. xml file within Diagrammer program in which it only allows me to save it as a .diagram file only.

Please help.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
DavidKlein
New Contributor
Hi,

I am currently building a fairly complex electric transmission and distribution model in Diagrammer, and I need to add many of the same fields to many diffierent objects.  The current 92/93 Diagrammer that I have does not provide any means of doing this.  I've not done it before, but I understand this is possible in Visio when starting from scratch, using abstract classes. 

What I don't know is 1) if there is a good way to add the same 10 fields to 40 different existing feature classes in Visio, and if so, then 2) how to best get my *.diagram file into Visio.  Obviously I do not want to manually create and define the same fields 40 times if there is any way to avoid it.

Can anyone provide any advice?

Thanks in advance-
David
0 Kudos