App Crashes

12-29-2011 12:35 PM
deleted-user-K_IRAXrpGKsG
New Contributor III
Hi,

When I attempt to load an ArcGIS sample android app it crashes both on my phone and emulator. Is anyone else experiencing this?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
SwatiGadey
New Contributor
When the app crashes do you get the following exception:
"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No configs match configSpec"

If yes, the app should be working fine when run on phone. Before running the app, set partition size to a value <= 2047 as Additional emulator command line options.
0 Kudos
ArchanaAgarwal
New Contributor III
We have the android sdk that has samples, if one of these samples is not working on the emulator then this is expected behavior. The samples should work without any problem on your phone. Are you experiencing a problem with a specific sample? If so what is the error?

If you are having problems with the Android Client App that you might have downloaded from the Android Market place, please give us more information regarding the crash or errors you are experiencing.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
New Contributor III
The issue is with the new ArcGIS Android SDK samples. No matter which sample I attempt to run, the all crash as soon as they are downloaded to the phone and the emulator. The sample is completely fine in Eclipse with no errors but then crashes. I get 6 different errors:

1. FATAL EXCEPTION: GLThread 8

2. java.lang.illegalArgumentException: No configs match configSpec

3. at com.esri.android.map.MapSurface$a.chooseConfig(unknown source)

0 Kudos
New Contributor III
When the app crashes do you get the following exception:
"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No configs match configSpec"

If yes, the app should be working fine when run on phone. Before running the app, set partition size to a value <= 2047 as Additional emulator command line options.

I do get that error, however, I don't know where to "set partition size to a value <=2047" where would I do that. Sorry, I'm brand new to Java and Android!
0 Kudos
New Contributor III
Nevermind, it works on my phone but not on the emulator. This is a little inconvenient, but it works so woohoo!
0 Kudos
ArchanaAgarwal
New Contributor III
The current SDK samples are supported on devices not on the emulator.

Thanks
0 Kudos