New to ESRI. Few doubts

12-19-2011 07:57 PM
JulieBiju
Occasional Contributor
Dears,
This is my first forum in this site.
I have few doubts regarding this software.Please help me to clear it.

Now i am using Mapinfo and Mapxtreme for developing maps in web application(Visual studio) and backend is SQL 2008.Now we want one more software for developing maps with our own data and need to develop web application in visual studio using ESRI.

1.For that which software we need to buy from ESRI?What is the cost for this?What all features this offering?
2.whether Arabic fonts in map will support or not?
3.What all server spcification will support this ESRI?

Can u give me the information regarding this?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Meenu,

Esri software components for your purposes may be:

• ArcSDE (for making data from your rdbms accessible to the GIS)

• ArcGIS for Desktop (for map creation)

• ArcGIS for Server (for serving maps as map services)

• various web API's, viewers, and templates (for building web applications)

But there are many options depending on your exact needs. It might be useful to look at our resource pages for server and web products.

If you are outside the U.S., you will get the best help with all your questions from your local Esri distributor. Check this link: http://www.esri.com/about-esri/locations.html.

You may also check the Esri Products page. Some products offer evaluation software. Price information is available on the Products page if you are inside the U.S. and I think also outside the U.S.

Esri software does presently support Arabic fonts in maps and tables. At version 10.1, the software user interface will also be localized for the Arabic language.

Thanks,

Tim
0 Kudos