Align schematic features to grid

12-13-2011 09:20 AM
JenniferMoore
New Contributor
Is it possible to align schematic features to a grid? I am using the Main Line Tree layout and would like to have the ability to move features manually for spacing but still have the ability to snap to a grid in the background for maintaining proper spacing and alignment between the leaves/branches. I am currently using a generated fishnet polygon feature class as a background layer for reference but I can not force snapping of the schematic features to this grid. I have tried applying the Grid layout after applying the Main Line Tree layout but this does not keep a "clean" schematic for my purposes.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
Not really a snap to grid type function.  There are of course node alignment tools to get things in the same horizontal or vertical plane.  Then you can use either the Shift or the Ctrl key + the numbers 8, 4, 6 and 2 for Up, Left, Right and Down.  Those move a specific amount with each click, so you can sort of snap based on a pre-set distance vs. trying to do it manually while dragging a node.
0 Kudos
PranaviGaddipati
New Contributor II
Hi All,
     I have an Electrical Network on which I want to apply schematics. I want to trace a network downstream and the output I want in an xml which I want to pass to a code module/schematics. Is there any way that the tracing I have done, I can get the features in the xml in the same order of trace??

I.e. The first feature of the trace as first element in xml , Second feature as secong element and so on......

If there is any bifurcation in the network, It shud follow the same procedure there as well.... Can someone help me??
0 Kudos
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
Probably best to start a new thread for this question Pranavi as it doesn't follow with the original...  We need to understand more about what you are doing.  Why do you need this xml.  If you have a geometric network, just run the trace and generate a diagram from it.  There is no need for an intermediate xml file.  Again, we need to understand more and it would be better to start a new thread please.
0 Kudos