Starting IOS

12-12-2011 01:49 AM
FaizanTayyab
Occasional Contributor
Hi All,

i need some guidance on starting to customize the Arcgis IOS application. Before even installing the SDK few things that are not clear to me are as below:

1. I have registered for the as a free Apple Developer, however do i need to enroll on a developer program.
2. If i do need to register, do i need to select enterprise or single developer program? I work for a company who want to customize the ArcGIS ios application.
3. Which version of XCode is needed?

If someone can provide answers to above or just state the steps needed to begin the development, that will be really useful.

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Faizan,

Answers to your questions..

#1 Yes, if you want to install developed application on the device.
#2 You can select the options based on the requirement of the company. Are you intending to submit your application to the Apple App Store then select "iOS Developer Program". If you are intending to install application on selected companies devices then go for "iOS Enterprise Program". Here are the details...
#3 ArcGIS for iOS SDK supports latest Xcode. So start with Xcode 4.2 or 4.2.1.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Nimesh
FaizanTayyab
Occasional Contributor
Hi Nimesh,

Thanks for the reply. Our plan is not to put the customized ArcGIS solution on the market but only to provide them to our company users having Iphones. Thus once completed we will just distribute it to all IPhones holders in the company.

We were confused about the developer program to select but it seems it should be iOS Enterprise Program.

Thanks
0 Kudos