Service not up First Time Accessed

12-09-2011 04:16 AM
TylerWaring
Occasional Contributor II
Greetings folks,
            I have a ArcGIS Server dynamic map services that don't load the first time they are accessed. We stop and restart the service each evening to run some update scripts on the database. When our Flex Viewer applications access these services for the first time each day, the services do not load. Once the user closes the browser and reloads the Flex viewer applicaiton however the service seems to load. Any idea what the problem is?
Thanks,
Tyler
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TonyContreras
Occasional Contributor
If you are using ArcGIS Server 10.0, there is an option to stop this issue from occurring. In the service properties for the map service, under the Processes tab, you can check the box that says "Periodically check and repair data connections for idle instances." This will ping the data source at a set interval so your map services are ready to go at all times.

You can create a script to use in a scheduled task that sends an export map request to the REST endpoint for each map service that is experiencing this. That should tell the service to "wake up" and be ready for more requests. If you have not already done so, set up the application pools for better performance as well.

Configure ArcGIS Server REST API for the Microsoft .NET Framework to improve stability and performan...
0 Kudos
JanieGoddard
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Tony,
    On ArcGISServer Release 10.0 would this also cause an error #2032:
XXXX Layer failed to load: Fault code: Server.Error.Request
Fault info: HTTP request error
Fault details: Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 test="Error #2032"]. URL: http://myserver/ArcGIS/rest/services/Maps/MyService/MapServer?f=json

I have already increased the maximum number of instances of my web service. I have a minimum instance of 1.
I have then increased the maximum time a client will wait to get a service from 1 to 3 minutes.
I'm still getting the error occasionally but especially first thing in the morning.

Thanks,
Janie
0 Kudos