ArcGIS.com Interface vs JavaScript API

12-08-2011 04:47 AM
JasonGreenlaw
Occasional Contributor
I'm a big fan of the JavaScript API, but one of the qualms I've had is that when using the mouse wheel to zoom in/out, you can only zoom in 1-level intervals (e.g., you have to wait for a single-level zoom to complete before you can zoom in further).  I know you can use a zoom box with shift+click, but it would be nice to have faster mouse wheel scrolling.

This does not seem to be the case with ArcGIS.com maps, where mouse wheel scrolling is exactly what I'd like to see in the JavaScript API - It allows you to zoom quickly (if I scroll up three clicks on the mouse wheel, it zooms in 3 levels immediately) and provides smooth transition effects.  It appears to be using the JavaScript API (not FLEX) - I'm guessing this is a custom version of the API?

My question is:  When will this functionality be available in the JavaScript API??

Thanks
Jason
0 Kudos
4 Replies
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor

My question is:  When will this functionality be available in the JavaScript API??

Soon. ArcGIS.com is already using the next version of the JS API. We are finishing up some testing and tweaking some documentation. We hope to do the official release early next week.
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
Soon. ArcGIS.com is already using the next version of the JS API. We are finishing up some testing and tweaking some documentation. We hope to do the official release early next week.

2.6? You tease.
0 Kudos
JasonGreenlaw
Occasional Contributor
Great news...thanks for the quick response.

Jason
0 Kudos
StephenLead
Regular Contributor III
I hadn't noticed that - looks great. Looking forward to seeing it in the API
0 Kudos