leftieant76

Unioning 2 Rasters

Discussion created by leftieant76 on Dec 4, 2011
Hi

I'm working on a Statewide project at the moment that involves prioritising areas of vegetation based on their condition and their status. The analysis will be created by creating 2 rasters (one for quality, one for status), coding them appropriately, and then performing map algebra to classify them.

I have completed one run of the analysis with success, but all I can generate is a attribute table with the end result of the map algebra, into which I can then manually code a description.

I would like to have the attribute table populated by data from both input rasters (eg the same as you would get if you unioned 2 feature classes) - ie for each cell I would like to see the status, the condition, and the overall description. For each description (eg High Quality) there are up to 8 combinations of status and quality that could result in a High Quality assessment.

Can anyone suggest a way I can make this happen? The work I've done so far has been using LOOKUP and RECLASS, and the Field Calculator.

I did consider converting both rasters back to feature classes, unioning, and then converting back to a raster, but the area in question is far too large to  process (900km x 650km)

I'm not overly familiar with rasters and grids, so this is a bit of a learning curve for me.

Any assistance will be appreciated. Am using ArcGIS 10.0 SP2

Cheers

Ant

Outcomes