Astoria, OR

12-01-2011 01:08 PM
JodiKansagor
New Contributor
I am using the ESRI streetmapUSA dataset and there are no roads in Astoria, OR.  Has anyone run into this problem or found other areas missing roads?  Any thoughts?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
What version of the StreetMap USA are you using?
Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
JodiKansagor
New Contributor
to be honest, i am not sure.  i got it from work.  i am trying to just create a network from a streets file i have from clatsop county and add the distances.
0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

i am trying to just create a network from a streets file i have from clatsop county and add the distances.

Are you trying to use the Streetmap data as is (it has a network already built) or are you creating your own? And what does it mean to "add the distances"?

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
JodiKansagor
New Contributor
i am using the data as it is is as a network.

i realize that made little sense outside my head.  my thoughts were to get a clatsop county road dataset and try and create a network with that.  then figure out the distance from my incidents in astoria and somewhere that is on the streetmap network.  and then get distance from that point to the facility i am trying to measure distance to. 

honestly, i have a few ideas and fixes for what i need.  i was more curious is anyone else had noticed this issue and if it came up in other towns.  thanks for all the help!
0 Kudos