Synchronize Replica Failed - Version not found issue

11-29-2011 04:54 AM
MartinSiwek
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm running a two way replica with the following system components.

ArcGIS Server 10 SP1, back-end SQL Server 2005 on a Windows 2003 R2 Server, The parent replica is housed on an SDE enterprise geodatabase and the child replica is housed in a personal sde geodatabase. We run monthly synchronizations sending changes in both directions.  We also have a job setup on our sde server for a nightly compress and update of statistics.

The feature class used in this replication setup is registered as version with global ids. The replication runs fine for a few months, and then periodically we will receive the error:

Synchronize Replica failed
Version not found [DBO.SYNC_SEND_33_8]
Version ont found [DBO.SYNC_RECEIVE_REC_33_2]

I have verified that both the local machine with the child replica and the parent replica on the server can see each other via the appropriate output directory. Any ideas as to what might be causing this issue?  The only way we've been able to resolve the issue is by recreating the replica which I would really like to avoid. 

I've reviewed the best practices white paper for achieving an effective compress with versioned replicas, and am currently implementing those recommendations.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenLin
by
New Contributor III
Hi msiwek,

I am suspecting that your two way replica might be in an out-of-synch situation here.

Could you please check the message generation numbers from both parent and child database?

Right click your database connection, Distributed Geodatabase > Manage Replicas, then double click the two-way replica, goto the Advanced tab, then please list your generation numbers like following:

Parent:
Current Generation 1,
Last Acknowledged Generation 1,
Relative Replica Genration 2

Child:
Current Generation 2,
Last Acknowledged Generation 2,
Relative Replica Genration 1

Thanks,
Ben L.
0 Kudos
RoxanaNazarie
New Contributor

Hi @blin! how can this message generation numbers can help? I would like to identify which determined this loose of the version, or it might be simply a bug?

0 Kudos