How do i set extent for different screen size/ View Port.

11-15-2011 11:06 AM
Pawan_KumarVenugopal
New Contributor
Hi Guys,

If i move from a big screen to a smaller screen it looks like the actual extent is changed. For eg. if my intial extent is set to point to san francisco for a screen size of ( 1680 X 1050). When i move to a screen size of (800X600). The extent is getting set at San Jose. Is there any way i could set the extent to always point to San Francisco irrespective of screen size.

I am using the ESRI JAVASCRIPT API

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Pawan
0 Kudos
1 Reply
HemingZhu
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Guys,

If i move from a big screen to a smaller screen it looks like the actual extent is changed. For eg. if my intial extent is set to point to san francisco for a screen size of ( 1680 X 1050). When i move to a screen size of (800X600). The extent is getting set at San Jose. Is there any way i could set the extent to always point to San Francisco irrespective of screen size.

I am using the ESRI JAVASCRIPT API

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Pawan

The geographic extent of san francisco will always be the same no matter what screen size. So i don't understand how the map's initial extend gets changed. However, theoretically you can try this for 800X600. YouInitialExtentFor(1680 X 1050).expand((800*600)/(1680*1050)).
0 Kudos