Import of Excel File in Layout View

04-19-2010 05:39 AM
JeremyTrusty
New Contributor
I just finished making a map that has a large legend code with it.  Under the Layout View, I went to =

- Insert
- Object
- From File (and then my excel file)

It then imported the table into my layout view.  It has the proper display in ArcMap.  However, when I export the document to a PDF the table is not displaying properly as all of the text in the image is shifted to the left.

I tried right clicking on the table, and do the Convert to Graphics...but that is grayed out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnSobetzer
Frequent Contributor
You may have better luck copying and pasting your excel object into the layout and then resizing it.
0 Kudos
JamesHood
Occasional Contributor
I just finished making a map that has a large legend code with it.  Under the Layout View, I went to =

- Insert
- Object
- From File (and then my excel file)

It then imported the table into my layout view.  It has the proper display in ArcMap.  However, when I export the document to a PDF the table is not displaying properly as all of the text in the image is shifted to the left.

I tried right clicking on the table, and do the Convert to Graphics...but that is grayed out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

One suggestion I have is to export your excel file to a .dbf.   Add your table.dbf to your ArcMap then  follow the instructions located at this link:

http://blogs.esri.com/Support/blogs/mappingcenter/archive/2010/01/18/Using-Tables-in-an-ArcMap-Layou...

2. How do you add a table to a page layout?
Open the attribute table that you want to create the report from, click the Options button on the bottom of the Attribute table window, and select the option to "Add Table to Layout".
If the Options menu button is hidden due to the width of the table window, a small down arrow appears at the bottom right corner of the window. You can click this to access the Options menu. You can also right-click any of the empty gray space at the bottom or to the right of the table to access the Options menu.

Hope this helps, though I don't know if when printing, the text would be reformatted.

- James
0 Kudos
MineMetitiri
New Contributor
I have a question about importing an excel file into a attribute table, how would I do this? I need to also join this table with spatial data already located on my map.
0 Kudos