rfairhur24

Is There Any Way to an Addin DockableWindow to IDockableWindow?

Discussion created by rfairhur24 on Nov 2, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2011 by rfairhur24
The AddIn DockableWindow has no properties for adjusting the frame location beyond the initial position listed in the XML file that first creates the object.  The AddIn DockableWindow fires Layout and Resize events that I can detect, but I cannot seem to intercept them and modify the behavior.  I want to access the kinds of properties available in the IWindowPosition (ESRI.ArcGIS.Framework.IWindowPosition) for an AddIn IDockableWindow (ESRI.ArcGIS.Desktop.AddIns.DockableWindow) after it is created, but can't find any way to cast it to that object or one like it.  IWindowPosition can cast an object of IDockableWindow (ESRI.ArcGIS.Framework.IDockableWindow), which seems like it should be related, but I cannot find any inheritance commonality.

Is there a way to access the AddIn DockableWindow's position properties after it has been created when the user triggers a Layout or Resize event?  If not I think I have to go with a standard Windows Form to avoid users hiding my Form controls and not knowing what to do.

Outcomes