Unable to start Project Wizard for Android

11-02-2011 12:35 PM
DavidBurnett
New Contributor
The message in eclipse is :

"The selected wizard could not be started.
Plug-in "com.esri.arcgis.android.core" was unable to instantiate class "com.esri.arcgis.android.core.project.NewProjectWizard".
com/android/ide/eclipse/adt/internal/wizards/newproject/NewProjectWizard$AvailablePages"

I've uninstalled and re installed the code and docs.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
NghiaTran
New Contributor
I also got the same problem. I am using Eclipse Indigo, ADT 15.
0 Kudos
SantoshSeshadri
New Contributor
I also got the same problem. I am using Eclipse Indigo, ADT 15.

I also got the same issue!! I also heard that they released the API, but I haven't been able to find it... so that could be a reason why the beta is not working..I am not sure..just a guess!!
0 Kudos
ArchanaAgarwal
New Contributor III
The beta plugin supports upto ADTv13. In our final release the plugin will support higher versions.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
ruisolinho
New Contributor
Hello everybody,

Always i try to create a new project it's giving me this error. Someone can help me to solve this?

Plug-in "com.esri.arcgis.android.core" was unable to instantiate class "com.esri.arcgis.android.core.project.NewProjectWizard".
com/android/ide/eclipse/adt/internal/wizards/newproject/NewProjectWizard$AvailablePages

i really have some urgency on this.

apreciate some help. thanks
0 Kudos
MartinChroust
New Contributor
Having the same issue. So if have our ADT rev.15, we should have install older version ADT rev.13 simultaneously in order to have ArcGIS API for Android working when creating new project?
0 Kudos
BlairDeaver
Occasional Contributor
Where is the actual download for ADT 13.  I only see 15, 14, and 12 http://developer.android.com/sdk/eclipse-adt.html

The direct path to the package from Google returns a 404 but works with the above versions:

http://dl.google.com/android/ADT-13.0.0.zip

Can you please advise me where to download and install the 13 package for ADT.  Thanks.

Cheers,
Blair
0 Kudos
EzequielFlores
New Contributor
just open a arcGIS sample proyect, you can start from there
0 Kudos