rexbradford

Intermittent Dojo error on zooming

Discussion created by rexbradford on Oct 3, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 4, 2011 by sanjayjadhav
Hello,

I am working on a Javascript mapping app, using v.2.4 of the ArcGIS toolkit.  Recently I have been getting intermittent but frequent Dojo hanging errors when zooming (roughly once per 15-20 zooms).  The Dojo error occurs after the onZoomStart event and before the onZoomEnd; there is no intervening code of mine between these that I'm aware of (onExtentChange is fired after onZoomEnd, and I removed my onExtentChange handler with no effect).

I have so far been unsuccessful in determining what I might have done to cause this (and the entire app is way too big to try to reproduce here).  There error I see in Firebug is usually something like "_831 is undefined", and the line of code with the error is the unhelpful mega-line which defines the entire Dojo toolkit.:

if(!dojo._hasResource["dijit._base.manager"]){dojo._hasResource["dijit._base.manager"]=true;dojo.provid............

Has anybody seen such hanging behavior due to zooming and know where the cause might lie? Or how to debug something like this?  Thanks in advance if so.

Rex Bradford

Outcomes