Error while inserting populated row into Insert Cursor

10-01-2011 03:24 PM
ErinAtkinson
Occasional Contributor
I'm trying to edit a feature service running on a local ArcGIS Server.  I can successfully delete an existing feature, but when I try to collect a new feature I receive this error: "An error occurred while posting feature edits: Error while inserting populated row into Insert Cursor."
What causes this error?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
The error seems to be coming from server. Please check whether you're able to add feature in the browser to your REST service end point. Also, check whether you're able to add feature in the ArcMap.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
ErinAtkinson
Occasional Contributor
Nimesh,
Sorry for me delayed answer, got pulled off for another project.
No, I can't edit the layer in the browser, but I can edit it in ArcMap.  Are there any specific settings I need to make in either SDE or the Server Manager?
Thanks,
Erin
0 Kudos
JayPaige
New Contributor
I was getting a very similar error.  I could update existing features, but could not add new ones using my feature service.  My feature service was using a database connection that used a database user account and password.  In the database, I had granted db_datareader and db_datawriter roles to that user account.  In order to get inserts to work, I had to grant db_owner (not something I like to do).  Perhaps there is a way to grant adequate rights for the inserts without granting full db_owner.  But db_datawriter was not adequate.  It took me quite a while to track this down, so hopefully this information will save somebody some time.
0 Kudos
hongjiechen
New Contributor
你�?�?�?�?��?�?�?�表�?段�?�度 when  you  insert into sde, some graphic attributes  may Beyond the attribute table field 's maxlength
0 Kudos