OLS and GWR Don't Seem to Run Feature Classes

09-21-2011 01:22 PM
WinnKetchum
New Contributor III
Hello All,

I was wondering if anybody might know why OLS and GWR wouldn't run using a point feature class but did run when using the same points as a shapefile?

Here is my situation: I have a file geodatabase with a point feature class that has a number of spatial explanatory variables that I was trying to conduct OLS upon. I set up a model that ran OLS than Moran's I, and after providing the results from OLS it gave me the following error:

<type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>: ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
A column was specified that does not exist.
A column was specified that does not exist.
Failed to execute (Ordinary Least Squares).
Failed at Wed Sep 21 17:20:45 2011 (Elapsed Time: 17.00 seconds)

However, when I ran the same model using the same data in shapefile form the whole process was completed without any errors.

If anyone could help me understand this, I will be greatly appreciative.

Thank you,

Winn
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LaurenRosenshein
New Contributor III
Hi Winn,

I'm really sorry that you're having trouble running OLS and GWR on your feature classes!  In order to try to figure out what's going on, if you can provide the following information we can try to reproduce your problem and hopefully fix it!

-What version of ArcGIS are you using?
-What operating system are you using?
-What kind of feature classes are you using?  Polygons, points, lines?  How many features are there?  Are they are in a personal geodatabase, a file geodatabase, or other?
-Does the problem seem data specific?  For instance, if you try to run OLS or GWR on a completely different feature class, does it work?  Or do all feature classes cause this failure?

If possible, if you could provide the dataset that was giving you trouble that would be very helpful in trying to reproduce.  If this is possible, it will also be helpful to get screenshots of the tool dialogs before you run them, so that we know exactly the parameter choices you're making.  If not, the above information should at least get us on the right track.

Again, I'm very sorry that you're having trouble, and we'll do our best to figure it out!

Lauren Rosenshein
Geoprocessing Product Engineer
0 Kudos