LucieBoucher

Model Builder & Network Analyst : user action required

Discussion created by LucieBoucher on Sep 20, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 21, 2011 by dhoneycutt-esristaff
Hi!

I am trying to build a model that would compute the best route on a network (I have the Network Analyst extension).

I have been able to create a model with a few simple steps: I create the route layer, I add locations (stops and barriers), I solve the route and I display the directions.  The stops and barriers I add are both parameters.  They come from two separate feature classes within a geodatabase.  I made them parameters so that the user would be able to specify the appropriate file when he runs the model.

Now, what I would like to do is give the opportunity to the user to manually create stops and barriers instead of selecting a prebuilt file.  In other words: if the user displays the network in ArcMap and then runs the model, I would like him to be able to click on the map several times to create stops and barriers.  The model would then compute the best route according to those elements.  I do not want those stops and barriers to be saved into a new feature class : they would only be temporary elements.

I have been looking for the tool to create these locations and I can not find it.  I am therefore looking for help: does anyone has a clue on how I could proceed?

Thank you very much!

Outcomes