briancoward

Model Builder error on second run.

Discussion created by briancoward on Sep 13, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 14, 2011 by briancoward
I've been working with Model Builder for the past 3 or 4 years and it has never been as easy to wield as the graphic flow chart makes it appear.  It's a GREAT tool... when it works.  That said... I'm having an issue with running models within a personal geodatabase.  I'm using ArcGIS 9.3.1(Build 3000) on a 64 bit Windows 7 platform.

I'm having an issue with a 'working' model consistently crashing on a second try.  The reason for the second run of the model is usually a need to update the source data or corrections made to the model.  This particular error is a union of 4 different polygon feature classes.  For some reason I've noticed that if I completely rebuild the model it'll work fine for the first successful iteration and crash every time after.

I'd like to know if anyone else has had this issue or if I'm doing something incorrectly?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Model Builder is like trying to catch a boomerang in the dark... more than likely you'll just wish you had learned to program in Python.
Thanks,
Brian

Outcomes